Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Student Foods

I can't cook.

I know that very very very well.

But sometimes I DO attempt to cook and usually it comes out really terrible. So this semester, I've decided to splurge a little and get more easily cooked food stuff. Which are usually instant foods. I know it's not good for me and all... But it's not like I have much of a choice. I can't always eat out. I'd sooner go bankrupt than finish my studies.

I also try to achieve a balance in nutrients with my very very kampung knowledge of nutrients. Basically I try to have proteins and fibres in every meal. Which basically equals to meat and vege. Anything else goes in between. And I make sure I drink alot of milk. I'm sure that would help some how...

Anyways, due to my boredom in my first 2 weeks, I took pictures of the foods I had. Yes, I have a very very sad life. Anyone care to entertain me? Send me a ball of yarn... I'm easily entertained. Hehehe...

Homebrand (Coles) Lasagne. This was actually not bad, only bad thing was that it was kinda oily. After it came out of the microwave, you can see this layer of fat. Not that I mind (alot) since I need to gain weight.

This was seriously bad. Kraft's instant Macaroni & Cheese. It's a good thing that I just bought 1 packet and it was on offer. Was 99 cents. This is one product I won't try again... altough it's really easy to prepare. Just toss in the macaroni with water into the microwave, and when it's done, you just mix in the packet of cheese. Tada!


You're supposed to be looking at pan fried lamb, tomato rice and mixed vege. But I ended up undercooking the rice and vege, and over cooked the lamb. It was torture to eat it all... but beggars students can't be choosers now, can we?

I love this instant food. The only complain I have about it is that it is from the brand Lean Cuisines. I NEED ALL THE CALORIES I CAN GET, DAMN IT!!!


What you're looking at is something I whipped up myself. This is my miso udon with crabsticks and 'siew bak choy'. It turned out really well. Very filling and it has a good balance (I think) of the nutrients I need.

Well, that is what I eat when I'm in Perth (Sad, I know). Hopefully I'll be able to take pictures of the REAL good food in Perth soon.

1 comment:

Joey Polanski said...

Cookin is a struggle fer me too.

Well, its more like a battle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...