So, here's the step by step instructions to (hopefully) make visa applications easier for Malaysians in Perth. I got this from the Consulate General of Malaysia, Perth (after many attempts of calling over a period of 4 days...).
Register on-line at www.kln.gov.my (e-consular),
- Malaysians register with Identity Card Number
- Non-Malaysians register with Passport Number
- Scan/upload passport sized photo online - not necessary in my point of view as they'll end up sticking your hardcopy of passport picture on top of the printed picture...
- Fill in the form online
Submit online and print out three (3) copies of the forms.
(3) photocopies of Identity Card (back & front)
(3) photocopies of Birth Certificate/Citizenship Certificate - I did not have to submit this... not sure why it's here...
(3) recent passport size photographs
(3) photocopies of passport (pages 1, 2, 3, Signature page and valid Australian Visa)
For Non- Malaysians, (3) photocopies of Malaysian Visas & Passport used while in Malaysia
Submit the printed forms and above documents (all 3 copies) to the Consulate. They are open from 9.00am to 1.00pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays - both Malaysian and Australian).
Fee of AUD 10.00 cash ( fee will change from time to time based on the current official rate of exchange )
Please note that the Royal Malaysian Police will require approximately three (3) to four (4) months to complete the procedure from the date you submit your document to the Consulate General of Malaysia.
- make sure your passport has more than 6 months of validity
- do not cut photocopies of documents to size
- bring along your original documents when you are submitting your application at our office
Check your status of application online at www.kln.gov.my (e-consular). When it is completed, call the Consulate to inform them that you wish to pick up your Police Clearance/Letter of Good Conduct. Apparently they'll print out the letter for you but you have to get it done through them and you must be there to collect it in person.
Contact information for the Consulate General of Malaysia:
Address: 252 Adelaide Terrace, PERTH WA 6000
Tel: (08) 9225 7055
This information is valid as of 24 November 2012.