Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Working @ PC Fair 2006

I spent 14-16th April 2006 working at PC Fair 2006 at KLCC Convention Centre. It was not bad I guess... who am I kidding? It sucked!!!

I found this part time job as a sales promoter from LowYat.net's forum. Worked for TmNet & sold Streamyx packages for the 3 days. It really sucked cause there were 8 promoters the first day. Seriously, there wasn't even enough space in the booth to fit everyone... it was SO PACKED!!! It was already bad enough that I had to compete with so many people, what made it worse was that our booth was beside the organizer's (PIKOM) booth. So... we're actually not allowed to move away from our booth... so we kept getting complains from them.

How to promote stuff when got people keep telling you to move away?? sighz... no brains wan la... But not their fault also la... cause each booth only supposed to have 8 people, but our booth got about 12 (including our supervisors). That was only for the first day, the 2nd day had 15 promoters >.< Even our exhibitor tags were fake... Kekeke... mine was the funniest since I was wearing TmNet Streamyx shirt but my tag said I was working for Jaring. Hahaha... i'll upload the pictures later when I take pictures of it ^^

The only reason I wasn't so very pissed off is cause I got to know new friends =) Very nice people (well, some of them anyways). All on holiday or still studying. They're all younger than me!!! I felt so old when I asked them their age... But they all though I was only 18 or 19. Hehehe... much better than 15 la =P

Another very funny thing is how we were shouting "Streamyx" here & there during the last day cause all of us had no mood anymore. Then there was this group of guys who tried to avoid us and was laughing. I heard their conversation and I laughed as well. They were saying "Streamyx sounds like SCREAM-yx" Hehehe... then they shouted "SCREAM-YX" whenever we shouted Streamyx. After a while I thought I heard they're shouting "SCREAMING" lolz...

Another guy even worse, whenever we yell Streamyx, he will add a "SUCKS" at the back. So farny la... I've gotta agree with him though >.< And the funniest thing would be our promotion. The booth in front of ours was selling MP3 players, so they were shouting "GOOD PRICE FOR MP3 & MP4 PLAYERS" then we shouted "FREE MP3 PLAYER". We got quite a few complaints from them (^^;)

That's not all, the booth next to us was selling webcams. They yelled "WEBCAM!!! RM40 ONLY!!!" (btw, that is super cheap cause I went for a walk and the cheapest I could find was rm58. And the quality of the RM40 one was reasonable for it's price. Oh, it was really cute too, there was Hello Kitty, Snoopy and some other cartoons). And yeap, we just had to yell "FREE WEBCAM!!!". I think we made alot of enemies... Kekeke... My sales weren't that good... infact, they were terrible >.< 3 the first day, 9 the second day, but only 2 the last day. Sighz... means I'm only getting paid RM28 a day... the comission's not in yet though. Hopefully I can get about RM200 in total la...

Anyways, I'm free again... and I need more jobs... so, let me know if there's any jobs available k? Hehehe...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...