Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sweet & Sour Fish (RK Style)

Okies, I tried something new today.

I made Sweet & Sour Fish!

Okay, I know in previous posts I've stated that I can't cook for peanuts. Apparently, I was just too lazy XD

Anyways, this is her favourite dish, so I decided to give it a go =)


Yeap... I documented my adventure XD (click to enlarge ^^)

  1. The ingredients: Tomato, Cucumber, Capsicum, Carrot, a can of Pineapple pieces and good ol' Maggi Tomato Sauce.
  2. Chop up all veges (If preparing a meal for a loved one, cut carrot into flower-like shapes to impress XD)
  3. Heat up some olive oil (just a little, too much oil and she'll accuse you of fattening her up) in a pot and fry carrots and capsicum for about 3 minutes.
  4. While waiting for the capsicum and carrots, mix Maggi Tomato sauce with a bowl of hot water and some sugar (add according to taste). When done, pour into pot.
  5. Bring it to a boil before adding tomatoes and cucumbers. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. In the mean time, mix a teaspoon of cornflour with some water and mix it into the pot.
  6. Bring it to boil again and add cucumbers. Give it a good stir and let it simmer for about 2 minutes. Cover it and remove from heat.
  7. Heat up some oil in a pan. While waiting, cut some fish fillets into smaller slices.
  8. When pan is heated, fry fish slices.
  9. Place cooked fish on plate (or bowl... whatever makes you happy *rolls eyes*)
  10. Pour sauce over fried fish.

And TADAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~

Sweet & Sour Fish (RK style) is done!!! XD

It goes great with rice and a side of fried egg with onions. Yummy Yum Yum!!!

Well, if any of you decide to try this recipe, do let me know how it turned out *winks*

p.s. TeeRak, I'm glad you enjoyed it =) It's to give you power for your exam tomorrow ^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...