Friday, August 17, 2007

Never say never

I know people always go thinking "That will never happen to me wan..."

Well, never say never my friend.

I realized today that anything CAN happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME.

A good friend of mine was involved in an accident today. The severity of the accident is not minimal.

She totaled her car and was admitted to the hospital.

She is crying for what she lost.

I am just glad she is okay.

It is rather ironic how I was explaining this morning (before I knew about the accident) to two of my team members for ISC's MCW Activities, that if something can go wrong, it WILL.

They just didn't understand why I was coming up with all sorts of terrible and shocking scenarios that can go wrong during events.

For example (I'm blue, she's yellow):

"What if you have a soccer game and someone kicks the ball and hits the volunteer and breaks his/her head?"

"Won't la, the ball is tied to the post."

"WHAT IF? What would you do then?"

"Die la, die la, die la................"

"..."

My point is, it's better to be prepared than to have something come and bite you back on your arse...

You may not be able to prevent accidents from happening (someone can choke on tofu) even though u take all the precautions.

But one thing you could do is know how to react when it does happen...


But of course, the few obvious things like "Don't drink and drive" and "Wear protective gear" and "Wear your seatbelt" will do wonders in preventing accidents... an accident is really just the result of a series of mistakes...

Prevent mistakes, and you'll break the chain from an accident happening.



Though sometimes, things just happen.

So, never say never... do not think that things won't happen to you or any of your family and friends... cause it just could.


And also never take for granted what you have now... it's a cliche but you'll never know what you have till its gone.



And I know of many who understands that more than anyone can imagine...

1 comment:

JJ Jason said...

nth is impossible!!!
never say never to anything!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...