Monday, June 12, 2006

Penang & KL Trip (May-June 2006) - Part 1

Okay, I've been away for a while and I know there are several bloggers out there *cough*Mich*cough*Sam*cough* who are going to kill me if I do not update. So, to make up for my absence, I have LOADS of photos. So, people who have limited bandwidth *cough*Jingz*cough*, you have been WARNED!!!

Alrighty then, let's start with the entertainment ^^. Enjoy!Alrighty then, let's start with the entertainment ^^. Enjoy!

I left for Butterworth on the 30th of May, Tuesday. Took the 8.00am bus and arrived at about noon. Baby picked me up and we went off to her brother's house to put my stuff then went for lunch. Baby took me to this nasi kandar place near her house, I had maggi goreng. It sucks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not to mention that I got scolded by this crazy insane siamese guy... don't know what he was saying though, cause he was speaking in Hokkien. So gila hor? In the first 3 hours I'm in Butterworth then get scolded by crazy man... -__-"

Then we spent the day taking care of baby Jolin. She's so so so cute!!! See for yourself ^^

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cute right??? Hehehe... But my Baby also cute lah =)

That night Baby had to go to Penang to visit her dad who was admitted to the hospital cause of food poisoning. I didn't want to go so I went out with Sam & PL instead. Wanna say thanks to them la, always take me go out when I go PG. Hehehe... Come KL and I'll bring you guys around ok?

We went to Pacific to walk walk, Sam & PL had dinner (I'd already eaten) then we went and look for Feoyz. She's working so we waited for her to finish work then we went to Old Town for a drink. PL & I ordered the half-boiled eggs. Nice nice! Started to play cards then my Baby arrived to pick me up =)

The next day, I attended a seminar with Baby. She had to go since her parents couldn't make it. Was forced to wake up at 7 like that... siao... eyes also can't open. But have to teman my Baby also la. So I forced my butt out of bed and went with her. So boring la... The seminar is for people who are planning to open or already have a daycare centre or kindergarden. I spent most of my time playing with Baby's phone. BUBBLE SMILE is addictive...

After seminar we picked up Sam and went to Pacific to shop. Sam wanted to make tiramisu. When we were about to go back to start baking, we decided to go for basketball instead. So baking session is postponed!

There were a total of 6 of us so we played 3-on-3. Been a while since I last played but it went ok la... Played about 2 hours then had to go back. Baby's parents were taking us all out for dinner. It was later that I realized that her WHOLE family was there... her Dad, Mom, 1st Brother & wife, 2nd Brother & Wife and Lil Bro Micheal. So PRESSURE!!!

On Thursday, we went to Tanjung Bungah to see if they had any rooms available. They did, so we took it. It was RM134 for 1 night. Expensive la... for such a terrible hotel. Don't go ok? If wanna go then book online. Cheaper & got package.

Since we had to wait till 2pm to check in, we decided to go to Gurney Plaza to watch a movie. Rushed into the cinema to watch Da VinCi Code since the movie has already started for about 10minutes. Second time watching it but I don't mind =) it's a nice show ^^. After the movie Baby met a friend of hers and her lou po zai outside the cinema. Then we had lunch at the foodcourt (NOT NICE!!! Bluekz). Met up with Chris and Ewic.

We then left for the Penang Botanical Gardens for a Lantern Festival. Parked quite far away but I enjoyed the walk.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We saw this really cute kid! Very yengz! I wish I can make my hair like that as well... I'd give him a 8/10 on the yengz meter. Hehehe... So clever at posing as well!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Number one arh... "The Best Plant of the Show". Don't play play arh...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I think she broke her arm...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I do not consider this ART! This is the work of LAZY people!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My future house will have a garden like this. A small fountain and a place for me to drink tea and play chess or Go (a Chinese game). Damn, I'm growing old...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

By the way, if you're wondering why there aren't any pics of my Baby, it's cause she wasn't in the mood for pictures...

After the Botanical Gardens, we went to the beach to meet up with Chris and Ewic. Nothing much to do there since TARC was having a BBQ. I just waited until Baby said Hi to her friends and mingled around a little then we left to go back to the hotel.

We had our dinner at the hotel's restaurant cause we were too tired to go out. We sat at the side with the view of the beach. Too bad there was no candle la... or else we could have had a candle light dinner =) After dinner we went for a stroll on the beach. Must exercise wan ma... Hehehe... Then we went back to our room to bathe and watch TV. Half way when we were watching TV, there was a blackout (see la... bad bad hotel).

Baby got so scared so we decided to walk down to the lobby. But we met a guy halfway who said that the problem was being fixed. So we went back to our room to wait. In a few minutes the lights were back. But Baby was still scared la... so I stayed by her side the whole night. Bathroom also didn't go arh... So when she finally woke up then I rushed to the bathroom =P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My masterpiece ^^

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Baby loved the lil island. She wanted to swim out there but better not la... dangerous. Oh yea, as you guys may have noticed, some pics are not as good quality as others as the lower quality ones are taken by my SE Z800 1.3MP phone. Considered good liao la...

After checkout we went for lunch at Fatty Loh's Chicken Rice Shop. Not bad... definitely recommended =) And not too pricey too, in my oppinion. 2 rice, chicken for 2, 1 plate of bean sprouts and a bowl of soup about RM10. Then we went shopping at Pacific. I bought a shirt and a pair of pants from the shop Chris was working at. Ok la... Thanks for giving me discount ^^. And also this chain for my bro. Yea, I was feeling generous.

Then we went to buy cookie mix, strawberry chips and a packet of Konyakku jelly (peach flavour). We had to go back after that cause Baby's mom wasn't feeling well and had to go hospital. So we took care of the kids at Baby's parents' daycare centre until all the kids went home. Then we went for dim sum. The place not bad la... nice chairs ^^.

On Saturday we woke up late (again). And went for brunch at a market. Had Char Kuey Teow, wasn't too bad but I definitely had higher expectations of Penang Char Kuey Teow. Which reminds me, Mich! You better remember to take me for GREAT Char Kuey Teow arh!!! hehehe...

After brunch we walked around the market for a while. Purchased a DVD and VCD. Bought Scary Movie 4 on VCD and the DVD had 5 movies. Can't remember it all but it had Shakespeare in Love and The Talented Mr. Ripley. Went back to make the jelly and cookies. The jelly was easy to make, just boil water and add powder. We added orange flavoured nata de coco in it as well. Then we watched Scary Movie 4 while we made the cookie dough and shaped it to be backed.

Baby made a special heart shaped cookie for me =D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then the last day came... it was Sunday. The bus ticket was for 5.30pm. But we woke up early and had breakfast with Baby's 2nd bro & his wife. Shared a claypot chicken rice with Baby and a few pieces of Cha Kuey. Hehehe... Then we left for Penang cause Baby's parents booked rooms at Berjaya Hotel Georgetown for the night. They were going to attend a wedding dinner. We snapped pics on the way there =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After we reached, I suggested to Baby's mom that Baby come back to KL with me for a few days. And guess what? She said ok!!! Hahaha... so Baby called the bus company for me and postponed my trip back the next morning and booked an extra ticket. Then we went to One Stop (a shopping centre) with Micheal to walk around. Most of the stalls were closed though... Micheal bought a pink shirt and I bought 2 cute Disney baby sunshades for my car =) We went back to the hotel at about 6 to meet up with Baby's family.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I tagged along to the wedding dinner. Met all of Baby's relatives... Kinda pressure also la... But lucky my baby beside me so I didn't feel so scared =) After that we went back to the hotel to collect our stuff to go back BW since our bus will be departing from there tomorrow morning.

We saw this at a car's window at the carpark:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I want one of this!!! Been looking for it but can't find!!! Maybe Singapore will have? Can someone check for me? Hehehe... let me know if you see it ok?

Okay, that's all for my Penang trip (30.05.06-04.06.06).

Next post: Baby's trip to KL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...