Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Do you know what's the irony in Curtin's servers?


Curtin's full or official name is Curtin University of TECHNOLOGY.


But with the number of problems that they have had with their servers tell me that they're no where NEAR to fixing the current problem.


I went to my housing office today and complained again. I guess they were really sick with me going to them and telling them the internet is not working. Apparently, my flat isn't the only one without the internet. It's like random flats are without it. I'm at Flat 2 but Flat 8 which is just a block away has internet. The office has access but Flat 33 which is above the office doesn't have access. It's ridiculous right?


I mean, how can it be that they have taken 5 days (well, 4 since they don't work on Sundays) to fix the problem??? That's REALLY long!!! Last year, they would only take a maximum of 2 days. But now... Curtin, you need new IT people. The current ones really suck suck suck to the maximum!!!


I wouldn't be this pissed off if I can get my own internet. But a phoneline here on campus costs 200AUD. It's ridiculous right? And on top of that, I'll have to pay about 30AUD a month just for the line. I have not even included the internet charges. A broadband limited 10GB bandwidth would cost about 30AUD. So all together 60AUD a month. That's RM180 la wei!!! Streamyx so sucky also cost RM77 for UNLIMITED!!!


Really, I think I can use about 2-3 GBs a day. But ofcourse it won't reach that much if I don't download. But... got UNRESTRICTED access where will won't download la!!! Very geram already. Been complaining about this to my Baby (thanks for listening ^^) non-stop. Cause I wanna online and chat with her. I want to go on MSN, Friendster, emails...


I know, I'm an addict.


I'm not ashamed of it.


Bluekz.


Sighz, at least I can pack up my laptop and go over to the library to online...


And another piece of good news is that the error in the system regarding my enrolment has been fixed. So I can finally use my ID to go online and access the labs. Not to mention sign up for tutorials and what not. It finally feels that I am moving forward. The past few days (well, actually since I came here) has been like dead to me. I have no purpose or anything... and not to mention thanks to the stupid connection I felt like dying...


But now, everything's looking better. If only the connection can be fixed by tonight... Well, I'm wishing for that everyday. Hahaha...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...